Certified Financial Planner Certification is a mark of excellence granted to individuals who meet the stringent standards of education, examination, experience and ethics. It is the most prestigious and internationally accepted Financial Planning qualification recognized and respected by the global financial community. The CFP Certification wins trust and presents opportunities worldwide. In this era of super specialization, the Professional Certification - Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Certification, gears career aspirants and existing financial intermediaries for giving comprehensive financial advisory services to individuals and make a satisfying career in the financial services industry.
Financial Planning Standards Board India (FPSB) is the principal licensing body that awards CFP Certification in India through an agreement with FPSB, US. CFP Certification is the highest level of Certification worldwide in the field of Financial Planning with largest CFP Certificants and widely respected by consumers, professionals & industry. Education is an integral component of the CFP Certification Program and any candidate aspiring to become CFP Certificant has to register himself with any of the FPSB India's Authorized Education Providers. However, certain candidates having specified qualifications and work experience have an option of applying through Challenge Status pathway wherein they can challenge the CFP Certification Education Programme. FPSB India is promoted by huge no. of Financial Services Organisations.
CFP Certification worldwide is awarded by FPSB Affiliates to competent & qualifying candidates fulfilling the 4 E Criteria of CFP Certification i.e.
- Education: A candidate must complete academic coverage of the Financial Planning curriculum by undergoing the 6 Module CFP Certification Education Program through an Authorized Education Provider and pass corresponding Exam 1-4 facilitated by NSE.However candidates applying through the Challenge Status Pathway are exempted from the Education Program considering their higher qualifications & work experience. Education criteria demonstrate to the public that the candidate has acquired the necessary knowledge to become a Financial Planner.
- Examination: The CFP Certification Examination (also called Exam 5 based on Module VI-Advanced Financial Planning) is designed to assess the candidate's ability to apply Financial Planning knowledge to real-life Financial Planning situations. By passing the CFP Certification Examination, the candidate demonstrates to the public that he/she has the required level of competency to practice Financial Planning.
- Experience: The experience requirement qualifies work experience that involves Personal Financial Planning. Candidates under the Regular Pathway may complete the experience criteria pre or post appearing Exam 5. However candidates under Challenge Status pathway need to have attained relevant experience before appearing Exam 5. The Experience criterion is designed to provide the public with the assurance that the candidate understands the counseling nature of personal Financial Planning.
- Ethics: To get the CFP Certification, candidates after meeting Education, Examination & Experience criteria must agree to abide by FPSB India's Code of Ethics, Rules of Professional Conduct, Practice Standards & Disciplinary Rules & Procedures. Careful adherence to these standards of professional conduct helps turn initial consultations into trusted, long term consulting relationships with clients and gain public confidence in the Profession.
Once Certified, CFP Certificant must fulfill the Continuing Education (CE) requirement to stay current on Financial Planning strategies, products and trends affecting their clients. CE plays a vital role in the CFP Certificants pursuit of ongoing professional competence. This demonstrates to the public that the candidate has kept himself /herself abreast of developments in the Financial Planning field.
Authorization to use CFP Marks:
A candidate fulfilling the rigorous initial & ongoing CFP Certification criteria and after paying the Annual CFP Certification Fees is authorized by FPSB India to use CFP, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER & CFP flame logo collectively known as CFP Marks in his/her publishing material and communications. To maintain the legitimacy of use of CFP Marks FPSB India publishes the list of CFP Certificants on its Website Directory. Consumers are advised to cross-check the authenticity of the Financial Planner claiming to be a CFP Certificant by referring to FPSB India website directory.
Benefits of CFP Certification:
- Enhanced career and employment opportunities with Financial Services companies. Your Services are sought by banks, distribution houses, AMC, insurance Companies, equity broking and Financial Planning firms.
- Personal satisfaction of achieving the Financial Planning profession’s highest standard and met the global benchmark
- Satisfied clients who appreciate the comprehensive approach to Financial Planning and extend long term relationship and referrals
- Your expertise and credibility as a qualified professional is instantly communicated.
- More revenue streams by increasing your product and service offering to your clients.
- Enhanced Social Status by joining the league of professionals.
- Recognition in large no. of countries across the world.
- Your credentials demonstrate trust among the financial consumers.
- You have met the global benchmark for competency, ethics & professional practice standards to provide comprehensive Financial Planning services.
- You join the global league of the best Financial Planning professionals.
So, become a Certified Financial Advisor now & start advising people about insurance and investing matters & also help them with everyday spending habits and short-term savings goals.